Friday, May 16, 2008

Inspiring Birth Stories

I am collecting women’s stories on pregnancy and birth to compliment my book Birth Beyond Fear. I would like to invite you to add your story to the collection. My aim is to inspire other pregnant women with your stories, to motivate them to know they can change their beliefs and thoughts around childbirth from fear or anxiety to trusting in the process of birth.
In particular I would like you to:
1. Describe how you prepared yourself emotionally and mentally for birth.
2. Tell me about your labour and birth and early parenting.
3. How did you support yourself if things didn’t go as you planned?
I want the book to focus on the solutions to challenges you were able to overcome, so other women can use these inspiring stories to overcome their own challenges.
They can be as short as one page or as long as five. Put in anything you think may help another woman during her pregnancy and birth.
If you have any questions or would like to send me your story email me on lorraine@birthbeyondfear.com.au

1 comment:

InfoMidwife said...

What a great idea Lorraine, I hope you get lots of stories for your next book. I will look out for next blog. We are having a great holiday, see you when we get back.