Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Music is good for both you and your Baby

We now know that unborn babies hear, love and remember music, especially if the music you are listening to makes you feel relaxed. Your baby is able to relive those good feelings associated with the music each time they hear it and calms them as they recreates the reassuring feelings the music engendered in the womb.

There is also research to show that baby’s prefer not just music but voices as well, which goes to show how easy it can be to communicate with your unborn baby anytime you want.
You can put on music and sing to them at the same time, maybe your favourite nursery rhymes. After they are born put on this music and sing and help quieten them.

Gently dancing while you are pregnant will also be appreciated as they love the rhythmic sway of your body as well. The rush of endorphins they experience as you do something you love gives them a feeling of contentment and pleasure.

2 comments:

InfoMidwife said...

Hi Lorraine, it has been a while since I have visited your blog - yes I agree with you about music and gentle dance - I know with my own grandchildren they certainly know your voice, also in my experience as a midwife looking after women in the first few days of birth, it is truely wonderful to see how babies recognise thier mothers and fathers voices, it is really amazing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lorraine!

We met back in winter 2008 (I came to your house pregnant, just arrived from Canada - Midwifery student, Doula...).

You popped into my head and I wanted to know how you are and if you are still doing BBF?

I hope this finds you well!

Blessings,
Jenn Rankin
(jennrankin@gmail.com)